Sunday, October 12, 2008

First Casualty of Pumpking Smackdown!


That happened fast. Janell and I bought a couple of pumpkins last Saturday night, and I brought them home and put them in my living room. Unfortunately, it looks like one of them was already starting to rot when it got here. I woke up Saturday morning to find that it had slumped over to one side and gone badly moldy underneath. Sounded like velcro when I pulled it off the carpet.

The other pumpkin is just fine, so we'll be getting another pumpkin or two in the next couple of weeks and carving in time for Halloween. From what I remember (Why do I always have trouble remembering this?), pumpkins only last about 10 days after they've been carved, so next weekend is the perfect time to have some fun with the pumpkin carving tools that Janell bought!

1 comment:

leo said...

Nice! Love the velcro sound you mentioned!